MY MUSIC WAS FREE
For several years, I have given my music away for free. That's right - not one cent. I have been met with resistance from the "pay folks" and have been the indirect subject of how free music isn't really appreciated yadda yadda. As I have and will continue to maintain my music is my way of paying it forward. Because the Lord has blessed me with the talents and I really have no desire to make any money from my music, I have wrestled with how I can feel better about what I do and dismiss the critics. And let me say, I have no problems with those who do sell their music - just their communication on why they think that pay music is superior to free music.
So, effective immediately my music will have a cost. The format is quite simple:
If you use my music in any performance, I would request you make a donation to either the general missionary or humanitarian fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I don't care if you contribute $5.00 or $.05. It's just a way to further the work of the Lord by you paying it forward. Think of the good you can do for a struggling missionary or refugee seeking refuge and safety. The scripture, "...if ye have done it unto the least of these, ye have done it unto me" comes very clearly into my head.
I don't need or want to know of your contribution - that is up to you. My website will be updated with this information. I hope you find favor with this new method and pray the Lords choicest blessings on you as you reach out to His children.
* That you can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially as long as you give appropriate credit and provide a link to this website (ldshappymusic.com).* You may not remix, re-engineer or otherwise alter the music or words without permission from the author(s).* My originals are NOT sactioned/approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Permission from your Priesthood leader prior to rehearsing/performing is recommended.* No warranties are given or implied. The work shall remain the property of LDS Happy Music.
* And lastly, please enjoy the music. Comments are encouraged. :)
Monday, August 18, 2014
Stand Strong in the Storm
PDF - Stand Strong in the Storm
I had this tune in mind and thanks to Julie Keyser, she put my tune to some beautiful lyrics. The words speak of not being afraid in face of trial. It would be appropriate for a solo, a Primary or a Young Men/Young Women to sing. I hope you enjoy it. And Julie - thank YOU!
1. Jesus slept on a boat that was trying to stay afloat,
while the fearful waves were crashing on the sea.
All the men cried in fear Master please save us in here,
so he calmed the waves and told the winds to cease.
Standing strong in the storm as they trusted in the Lord.
Having faith that He'd guide them to shore and safely home.
Though at times they were scared they knew the Lord truly cares
and would guide them as they stand strong in the storm.
2. Joesph knelt down to pray in a sacred grove that day,
while thick darkness all around him caused despair.
But the Lord heard his cry coming down in beams of light,
the Father and the Son to him appeared.
Standing strong in the storm Joseph trusted in the Lord
Having faith he'd be guided to truth and safely home.
Though at times he was scared he knew the Lord truly cares
and would guide him as he stands strong strong in the storm.
3. When I'm lost or afraid I know I can kneel and pray,
and the Lord will guide me where I need to go.
Though the wind and the rain pour down hard upon my face,
I know the Lord will not leave me alone.
Standing strong in the storm I put my trust in the Lord.
Having faith that he'll guide me along and safely home.
Though at times I get scared I know the Lord truly cares
and will guide me as I stand strong in the storm.