MY MUSIC WAS FREE
For several years, I have given my music away for free. That's right - not one cent. I have been met with resistance from the "pay folks" and have been the indirect subject of how free music isn't really appreciated yadda yadda. As I have and will continue to maintain my music is my way of paying it forward. Because the Lord has blessed me with the talents and I really have no desire to make any money from my music, I have wrestled with how I can feel better about what I do and dismiss the critics. And let me say, I have no problems with those who do sell their music - just their communication on why they think that pay music is superior to free music.
So, effective immediately my music will have a cost. The format is quite simple:
If you use my music in any performance, I would request you make a donation to either the general missionary or humanitarian fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I don't care if you contribute $5.00 or $.05. It's just a way to further the work of the Lord by you paying it forward. Think of the good you can do for a struggling missionary or refugee seeking refuge and safety. The scripture, "...if ye have done it unto the least of these, ye have done it unto me" comes very clearly into my head.
I don't need or want to know of your contribution - that is up to you. My website will be updated with this information. I hope you find favor with this new method and pray the Lords choicest blessings on you as you reach out to His children.
* That you can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially as long as you give appropriate credit and provide a link to this website (ldshappymusic.com).* You may not remix, re-engineer or otherwise alter the music or words without permission from the author(s).* My originals are NOT sactioned/approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Permission from your Priesthood leader prior to rehearsing/performing is recommended.* No warranties are given or implied. The work shall remain the property of LDS Happy Music.
* And lastly, please enjoy the music. Comments are encouraged. :)
Saturday, October 25, 2014
PDF - Little Lamb
I wanted to write a Christmas hymn that not only expresses the Savior's birth, but also tells of our divine truths - that it was, and is all part of Heavenly Father's plan. This could be sung in solos, sections, a Capella, and even a descant at the end. If you want the descant, let me know and I will be happy to do so. In the Christmas season approaching, may we all pause and stop to reflect on the little lamb born for all of us.
1. Little lamb in manger stall,
ox and sheep in silence awed.
We behold his tender face,
Jesus, Savior of the human race.
2. Little lamb, thy birth foretold
from thy servants young and old.
Prophesied from ages past
now fulfilled our Savior comes at last.
3. Little lamb, oh blessed One!
Thou art God's begotten Son.
Born to Mary, virgin mild.
God incarnate and born mortal child.
4. Little lamb, angels are here
and to shepherds they appear.
Telling them of joys and grace.
Go to Bethlehem and go with haste.
5. Little lamb, fulfill the plan
back with Father it began
when we heard these words divine:
"Send me and the glory all be Thine!"
6. Little lamb, our joy, our all!
May our hearts receive the call.
Loud hosannas, let us sing
to our Lord, and lamb; Eternal King!