MY MUSIC WAS FREE
For several years, I have given my music away for free. That's right - not one cent. I have been met with resistance from the "pay folks" and have been the indirect subject of how free music isn't really appreciated yadda yadda. As I have and will continue to maintain my music is my way of paying it forward. Because the Lord has blessed me with the talents and I really have no desire to make any money from my music, I have wrestled with how I can feel better about what I do and dismiss the critics. And let me say, I have no problems with those who do sell their music - just their communication on why they think that pay music is superior to free music.
So, effective immediately my music will have a cost. The format is quite simple:
If you use my music in any performance, I would request you make a donation to either the general missionary or humanitarian fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I don't care if you contribute $5.00 or $.05. It's just a way to further the work of the Lord by you paying it forward. Think of the good you can do for a struggling missionary or refugee seeking refuge and safety. The scripture, "...if ye have done it unto the least of these, ye have done it unto me" comes very clearly into my head.
I don't need or want to know of your contribution - that is up to you. My website will be updated with this information. I hope you find favor with this new method and pray the Lords choicest blessings on you as you reach out to His children.
* That you can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially as long as you give appropriate credit and provide a link to this website (ldshappymusic.com).* You may not remix, re-engineer or otherwise alter the music or words without permission from the author(s).* My originals are NOT sactioned/approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Permission from your Priesthood leader prior to rehearsing/performing is recommended.* No warranties are given or implied. The work shall remain the property of LDS Happy Music.
* And lastly, please enjoy the music. Comments are encouraged. :)
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
The Brightness of the Gospel Plan
PDF - The Brightness of the Gospel Plan
I welcome another collaborator, Dixie Lea Henrie to the ldshappymusic "family". I had this tune for over two years and turned it over to her for inspiration. What it became is a great missionary hymn that would sound great sung by missionaries. :) I hope you enjoy it and, as always I welcome feedback.
1. The brightness of the gospel plan will ever light the way,
To seeking hearts, and wand'ring souls who may have gone astray.
The call is ours in latter days, to leave no soul behind,
But be a beacon in the dark that searching hearts may find.
2. Be mindful of the low in heart, endeavoring to cope,
Give comfort, help and charity, encouragement and hope.
And love thy neighbor as thyself for truly, who is he?
A precious child of royal birth, a brother unto thee.
3. We'll share the friendship, share the joy, love's ensign taking hold,
For every nation, kindred tongue, we'll bring into the fold.
We'll share the plan of happiness, God's children one and all.
The field is ripe, the harvest nigh, let each one heed the call.
4. May we be servants unto thee, be faithful, honest, true,
That others who may see our light, accept the gospel too.
Oh Father may we be thy hands, our meager light be Thine,
And spread thy word o'er all the earth, thy gospel light to shine.