MY MUSIC WAS FREE
For several years, I have given my music away for free. That's right - not one cent. I have been met with resistance from the "pay folks" and have been the indirect subject of how free music isn't really appreciated yadda yadda. As I have and will continue to maintain my music is my way of paying it forward. Because the Lord has blessed me with the talents and I really have no desire to make any money from my music, I have wrestled with how I can feel better about what I do and dismiss the critics. And let me say, I have no problems with those who do sell their music - just their communication on why they think that pay music is superior to free music.
So, effective immediately my music will have a cost. The format is quite simple:
If you use my music in any performance, I would request you make a donation to either the general missionary or humanitarian fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I don't care if you contribute $5.00 or $.05. It's just a way to further the work of the Lord by you paying it forward. Think of the good you can do for a struggling missionary or refugee seeking refuge and safety. The scripture, "...if ye have done it unto the least of these, ye have done it unto me" comes very clearly into my head.
I don't need or want to know of your contribution - that is up to you. My website will be updated with this information. I hope you find favor with this new method and pray the Lords choicest blessings on you as you reach out to His children.
* That you can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially as long as you give appropriate credit and provide a link to this website (ldshappymusic.com).* You may not remix, re-engineer or otherwise alter the music or words without permission from the author(s).* My originals are NOT sactioned/approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Permission from your Priesthood leader prior to rehearsing/performing is recommended.* No warranties are given or implied. The work shall remain the property of LDS Happy Music.
* And lastly, please enjoy the music. Comments are encouraged. :)
Saturday, July 25, 2015
The Sabbath Day is my Favorite Day
PDF - The Sabbath Day is my Favorite Day
I was reading talks one morning, and in particular the talk by Sister Neill F. Marriott. While I was reading that talk, this tune popped into my head. I knew that it had to be a Children's song about the Sabbath, so I consulted with my collaborator with the idea and she took it from there. I am grateful to have so many wonderful collaborators to help in getting this music out. If you like it, please leave feedback and if you use it, I'd love to hear about it.
1. The Sabbath Day is my favorite day, and so I want to prepare.
When I'm on time and I look my best, I show the Lord that I care.
2. The Sabbath Day is my favorite day, I start by saying a prayer.
When I am reverent and worshipful, my Heavenly Father is there.
3. The Sabbath day is my favorite day, my thoughts are only the best.
No chores, no playing with friends, a sacred day when we rest.