MY MUSIC WAS FREE
For several years, I have given my music away for free. That's right - not one cent. I have been met with resistance from the "pay folks" and have been the indirect subject of how free music isn't really appreciated yadda yadda. As I have and will continue to maintain my music is my way of paying it forward. Because the Lord has blessed me with the talents and I really have no desire to make any money from my music, I have wrestled with how I can feel better about what I do and dismiss the critics. And let me say, I have no problems with those who do sell their music - just their communication on why they think that pay music is superior to free music.
So, effective immediately my music will have a cost. The format is quite simple:
If you use my music in any performance, I would request you make a donation to either the general missionary or humanitarian fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I don't care if you contribute $5.00 or $.05. It's just a way to further the work of the Lord by you paying it forward. Think of the good you can do for a struggling missionary or refugee seeking refuge and safety. The scripture, "...if ye have done it unto the least of these, ye have done it unto me" comes very clearly into my head.
I don't need or want to know of your contribution - that is up to you. My website will be updated with this information. I hope you find favor with this new method and pray the Lords choicest blessings on you as you reach out to His children.
* That you can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially as long as you give appropriate credit and provide a link to this website (ldshappymusic.com).* You may not remix, re-engineer or otherwise alter the music or words without permission from the author(s).* My originals are NOT sactioned/approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Permission from your Priesthood leader prior to rehearsing/performing is recommended.* No warranties are given or implied. The work shall remain the property of LDS Happy Music.
* And lastly, please enjoy the music. Comments are encouraged. :)
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Come and Sing With Me
PDF - Come and Sing With Me
This tune has been in my brain and on the computer for several years. I knew it was a Primary Song, but didn't know it was going to be a WIGGLE song (for those who don't know) this a type of song with actions to help the children "let loose" with some actions (dancing, jumping, etc.) before they settle down for Primary Singing and Sharing Time. I had some of the basics, but needed some help. Enter Dixie Henrie! She helped me develop this into a fun song. I hope you like it.
1. We are singing, merrily singing, we are singing, come and sing with me.
We can sing this happy song, loud and strong, all day long.
We can sing both high and low, fast or slow.
We are singing, merrily singing, we are singing, come and sing with me.
2. We are dancing, happily dancing, we are dancing, come and dance with me.
We can dance and spin around, raise our arms up then down.
We can sway from side to side, let our arms glide.
We are dancing, happily dancing, we are dancing, come and dance with me.
3. We are jumping, joyfully jumping, we are jumping, come and jump with me.
We can jump on just one foot, jump in place, staying put.
Switching feet we jump some more, one, two, three, four!
We are jumping, joyfully jumping, we are jumping, come and jump with me.
4. We are rev'rent, quietly rev'rent, we are rev'rent, rev'rent as can be.
Now our wiggling is complete, fold our arms, take our seat.
We will be as quiet as quiet can be.
We are rev'rent, quietly rev'rent, we are rev'rent, rev'rent as can be.