MY MUSIC WAS FREE
For several years, I have given my music away for free. That's right - not one cent. I have been met with resistance from the "pay folks" and have been the indirect subject of how free music isn't really appreciated yadda yadda. As I have and will continue to maintain my music is my way of paying it forward. Because the Lord has blessed me with the talents and I really have no desire to make any money from my music, I have wrestled with how I can feel better about what I do and dismiss the critics. And let me say, I have no problems with those who do sell their music - just their communication on why they think that pay music is superior to free music.
So, effective immediately my music will have a cost. The format is quite simple:
If you use my music in any performance, I would request you make a donation to either the general missionary or humanitarian fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I don't care if you contribute $5.00 or $.05. It's just a way to further the work of the Lord by you paying it forward. Think of the good you can do for a struggling missionary or refugee seeking refuge and safety. The scripture, "...if ye have done it unto the least of these, ye have done it unto me" comes very clearly into my head.
I don't need or want to know of your contribution - that is up to you. My website will be updated with this information. I hope you find favor with this new method and pray the Lords choicest blessings on you as you reach out to His children.
* That you can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially as long as you give appropriate credit and provide a link to this website (ldshappymusic.com).* You may not remix, re-engineer or otherwise alter the music or words without permission from the author(s).* My originals are NOT sactioned/approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Permission from your Priesthood leader prior to rehearsing/performing is recommended.* No warranties are given or implied. The work shall remain the property of LDS Happy Music.
* And lastly, please enjoy the music. Comments are encouraged. :)
Saturday, August 6, 2016
I am Jesus' Little Lamb
PDF - I am Jesus' Little Lamb
I was looking through some lyrics for something completely different when this almost jumped off the page at me and almost instantaneously this tune came to my mind. I am grateful that I was able to capture it so very quickly. It is a sweet hymn that a choir could do marvelous things with. I hope you do enjoy it.
1. I am Jesus' little lamb, ever glad at heart I am;
for my Shepherd gently guides me, knows my need, and well provides me,
loves me ev'ry day the same, even calls me by my name.
2. Day by day, at home, away, Jesus is my Staff and Stay.
When I hunger, Jesus feeds me, into pleasant pastures leads me;
When I thirst, He bids me go where the quiet waters flow.
3. Who so happy as I am, even now the Shepherd's lamb?
And when my short life is ended, by His angel host attended,
He shall fold me to His breast, there within His arms to rest.